Dear Parents & Students,
With Coronavirus concerns rapidly spreading we wanted to let you know what steps we are taking to minimize the risk of spreading germs in our facility.
Wicomico County schools are closed from the 16th-27th, the Office of Child Care is recommending that WE STAY OPEN.
- After School students enrolled in our year-round after school program will switch over to our ALL DAY CAMP schedule. This is at no additional charge.
- Karate students will still be able to attend classes as scheduled. (please see the adjustments below)
- All day child care students will still be able to attend classes as schedule. (please see the adjustments below)
- Skateland will continue to operate on the 2nd and 4th Friday/Saturdays each month.
For those students who are not enrolled in our After School Year-Round program but whom wish to send their children to our camp, please register by calling 410-341-3333. The cost of the entire week is $150. At this time we cannot take single day drop ins as our staff is limited.
Please Be Advised
At this time, we don’t see any eminent danger to our staff or student body by remaining open as we’ve taken multiple steps to combat this (see below), however if you choose to stay home, keep your child at home or take this 2 week period as a break, you have every right to do so. We would recommend private lessons to those that miss to help them not fall behind.
As per the CDC, if you choose to come, we would recommend that older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes stay home during this time as they seem to be at a higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.
What We Are Doing
In accordance with the Wicomico County Health Department’s recommendations given during a recent county council meeting and the CDC:
- Our facility is professionally cleaned on a daily basis. However, given the present circumstances our staff will be doubling its efforts to disinfect daily. This will include disinfecting mats, chairs, & all martial arts equipment.
- Bathrooms & door handles will be wiped down multiple times per day.
- Please be diligent about proper handwashing. Wash your hands vigorously with soap and warm water for 30 seconds, taking special care to wash between each finger and around fingernails.
- We will also provide alcohol based hand sanitizer pumps. We strongly encourage students and parents to wash and/or sanitize before entering and upon leaving the mat.
- If you or your child are showing any signs or symptoms of fever or feeling ill, please stay home. You may not return until you have been diarrhea/vomit/fever free for at least 24 hours without the aid of medication.
- We are temporarily going to put a hold on all high-fives & hand shaking. We will also limit physical contact wherever possible. We will continue to work on skill and technique, but temporarily without a “body”.